Saturday 5 September 2015

Open Heart surgery - without an anesthetic





Antjie Krog had entertained the youngsters with aplomb on Friday and I was so looking forward to hearing her adult poetry on Saturday. The venue was again the NG Kerk, but this time the audience was a bit older than the throng who had rocked the Kerk the day before. 





Because I had never really read her poetry, I did not quite know what to expect. What a woman. Her poetry is raw, honest and stunning. She leaves no emotional stone unturned in her quest for an open, honest examination of the human state. It was in turns brutal and lyrical. I left feeling like my chest had been ripped apart and my soul exposed to the world. It was just brilliant!

David Magner


All event pictures at the following link:


 


2 comments:

  1. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info. top heart hospital in Hyderabad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find reading this article a joy. It is extremely helpful and interesting and very much looking forward to reading more of your work. Best Cardiology Hospital in Hyderabad

    ReplyDelete